We all want our content to show up in Google and send us tons of traffic and there’s lots of work that goes into SEO. There’s two main aspects to search engine optimization – onsite and offsite.
Offsite SEO is all about getting good quality links to your website. These links indicate to Google that your content is good and people recommend it.
Onsite SEO is all about formatting & structuring your website code and content to best convey to Google what your content is about – so they can show it to people who are looking for that kind of information.
Usually, onsite SEO is a lot of work but we’ve built this theme to follow all the SEO best practices – including making sure is a fast WordPress theme.
We’ve even included schema markup (also known as structured data) to convey loads of useful information to the Google Bots. This information includes:
- Showing your post authors and their expertise
- Automating key internal links using breadcrumbs
- Showing content authority and hierarchy using breadcrumbs
- Heavily optimizing mobile user experience and performance
- Support for rich content on category pages (for topical authority building)
The best part is that you don’t have to do any work to benefit from all of this – just install WP Medium and make sure your categories match the topics you want to optimize for.